Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kim's comments and other such things

I obviously feel a bit behind Naomi in terms of my.... enthusiam in blogging. I admit, I have never blogged before. Although I had a livejournal once, which thankfully is lost somewhere in the world wide web because I wrote it when I was 16. Let us just say, though humourous to read, I would be incredibly embarrassed at the things I dubbed important at that age.
But I digress.
Vietnam! It really seems like it is happening. I still need to figure out a few things. One, my Father. So far, he hasn't been too pleased with the idea. But I'm chipping away at his resolve and hopefully by my depature he will be well versed in the wonders that are Vietnam.
All I can really think about is going to Angkor Wat and pretending to be Mowgli. Because as Nomi informed me today, that is where the Jungle Book is based. Except, I wouldn't enjoy meeting Kaa. We would not be great friends.
Also, I have tried to begin thinking about what I shall pack, but so far have not been able to get past the decision of just how many sticks of deodarant I will be bringing. As, it is quite hot there. If you were unaware of that.
School is almost over. I am very close to having my Bachelor of Arts. So is Naomi. I feel like this is important to state due to the fact that once I finish the 101 things I have due in the next two weeks I will be able to dedicate far more time to dreaming of just how big our adventure will be.
Question to ponder tonight: What to do about employment after Vietnam?

8 comments:

  1. I should clarify, the art for the movie was inspired in part by Angkor Wat. I am not sure about the original novel...my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I'M THE KING OF THE SWINGERS OOOOOOH THE JUNGLE VIP I MADE IT TO THE TOP AND THEN I HAD TO STOP AND THAT'S WHAT'S BOTHERING MEEE OOOOOOOH OOPDIDOOOO I WANNA BE LIKE YOUHOOHOO I WANNA WALK LIKE YOU, TALK LIKE YOU, TOOO OOO OOO.

    You sure you want to go there with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also they do sell deodorant in Ho Chi Minh City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not the kind that keeps my arm pits the freshest. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You o what you have to do. I don't want a stanky roomie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same goes for you, Boutwell. :)

    ReplyDelete