Monday, June 6, 2011

Extra Crispy

Yesterday I had a great visit with a long time friend. We had breakfast at Mon Petit Choux and walked along the waterfront...without any sunscreen...on a VERY sunny day. Stupid. Today I am sitting here covered in three different kinds of moisturizer hoping that the burning red colour of my skin fades to a tan by tomorrow in time for the graduation ceremony I will be attending, unlikely.

Kim skyped me today with her packing lists and enthusiasm. I thought I was nearly ready to go but as she spoke I realized I still have a few things left to do. I need to pick-up more prescriptions, pack properly, empty my Mother's suitcase, and get the house organized.

I borrowed a book from a friend and realized I should get it back to her before I leave for the summer so I am reading the Jade Peony by Wayson Choy at the moment and really enjoying it. I love that it is set in Vancouver and that it is about Canadians.

Out of curiosity I looked at the entertainment page on the Cathay Pacific site and I am not thrilled with the selection. I have seen most of the films and the rest I don't really care to see. I think I will just pop a gravol and try to sleep through the 13 hours flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment