Thursday, June 23, 2011

The kindness of strangers

Kim pretty much covered the accident but I just wanted to mention how incredible the people around us were. When we stood up in the ditch and started to move around passing vehicles had already pulled over to the side of the road and there were people there immediately to pull us up out of the ditch. A beautiful South Asian woman approached me and told me she was a doctor and she got some antiseptic from her car and started tending to my ear. Another woman with curly hair grabbed my hand and held it to steady me. When Kim laid down on the grass another woman stayed with her and cleaned her face of the red mud. None of these people were paramedics or employed in anyway in rescue work they were tourist like us who happened by. I am always going to be humbled and thankful for their assistace.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am glad you are both alright but what an adventure. Sometimes it takes a few scars for a good story. Take care ladies and keep the stories coming!

    ReplyDelete