Thursday, June 23, 2011

Home in Ho Chi Minh

It is strange how after being in Cambodia for 4 days Ho Chi Minh doesn't feel as foriegn or strange to me anymore. The relief of getting back to the apartment after our Tuk-Tuk adventure was so great that it felt so much more like home to me.
Naomi is currently tackling the pictures she has taken since we arrived. Totalling 338, it seems like a lofty job. I haven't a clue how many pictures I took between Mui Ne, Ho Chi Minh and Siem Reap... but there are lots. And I like to use Lightrooom to edit pictures, so it may be a while before I post any. Or maybe I will go on a picture editing spree and amaze myself with my own talent and speed..... Doubtful though.
I'm currently attempting to stream So You Think You Can Dance. I have been on a tv watching mission for about 15 minutes now and I've managed to load a total of 5 minutes of television. WOO. I'm thinking perhaps I won't be watching a lot of tv whilst here.
Spoke to my Dad and brother this morning. Which was incredibly nice. They have a calming effect on my somewhat highstrung personality. I think I've handled being out of North America for the first time with style, and Naomi and I held together extremely well with the accident. That being said I was starting to get anxious with not having spoken to them using my real live voice since Vancouver. My Dad didn't even know about the Tuk Tuk accident because he didn't get a couple of the emails that I sent him so dilegently. Which is interesting.
My Cambodian green watch is still working, which is very nice considering the high price of two dollars I paid for it.
Eight minutes of "So You Think You Can Dance" to watch now. Hot damn!
Did I ever mention we saw Elephants at Angkor Wat? We should have rode those around instead of the Tuk Tuk. Although I probably would have fallen off of that too.... That sort of things just happens to me.
Speaking of silliness that occurs in my life: after all that work I went through to get my credit card, the bank machines I've tried won't accept it or my debit card. So I must put on my detective hat and find out why that is before Valerie and Naomi stop letting me sponge off of them and kick me out on the street. Hopefull that isn't today, I want to have a nap.
I finished the book I was reading "Let the Great World Spin". It was very good, although it wasn't the kind of book that hooks you with its plot and drags you in. It was more of a slow enjoyment, if that makes sense? I wasn't in a rush to finish it and yet I didn't want to discard it into the books I should have never bought pile. Naomi is reading it now, perhaps she could better explain. The interweaving of plots the author does is really wonderful.
Well.... maybe I will edit some pictures now. Naomi is inspiring me with hers.
Probably write again tomorrow as we are spending all day kind of decompressing and preparing ourselves before our Ha Long Bay trip.
Did I mention that the food in Vietnam is incredible? And cheap? Have I said that yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment