Monday, July 25, 2011

Filler

Kim and I went to Hoi An this weekend and it was WONDERFUL!
Hoi An is a little town about an hours flight away from Ho Chi Minh city and it is famous for it's tailors. I went there with the express purpose of having one of my favorite summer tank tops re-made. Kim had never been and had no idea the wonders that awaited her. Of course as soon as we started walking down the colourful streets lined with shop after shop displaying their beautiful dresses and shirts Kim caught on very quickly. Most shops can make you clothes over night, they need about a 24 hour period to make something, fit you, and then make any last adjustments. So we had until noon on our first day to make all of our purchases. You can also get shoes made which is a joy because you can literally pick out any style and any leather and they will make them to fit your feet. Kim may have gone a little bonkers with the clothing purchasing :) I was actually relieved when noon rolled around because it meant we could just chill out, take pictures, and window shop. I think of all the places I have been in Vietnam, Hoi An is my favorite I could go back there and spend a lot of money...like Kim did but I will let her tell that story. The food is also incredible, there is a restaurant run by the Red Bridge cooking school that makes the most delicious, scrumptious, yummy, food ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment