Friday, July 29, 2011

The Pisser

"Miss, I go out?"
"Miss, I go toilet?"
"Can I go out?"
"Can I go toilet?"
"Toilet?"

The above phrases were beginning to get to me so I decided yesterday to speak to my class about appropriate ways in which to ask if one may go to the washroom.

Hilarity ensued when I tried to explain the difference between Can I and May I.

Me: If you say Can I go to the bathroom you are asking me if you are physically capable of going to the bathroom. Oh, you don't know what physically means...um, ok you are asking if you are biologically able to pee or poo. You don't understand that either. *sigh* Right. You are asking me if this (wild gesturing towards groin) works!!

Students: Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It worked though, no one asks me anymore if they can go to the bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. HA. Hahahaha... ha. You forgot "Teacher, toilet?" or "Teacher, go out?"... My favourite is "Teacher?" and then they gesture wildly to the door. My students like to ask, and then if I tell them no they grab their crotch... I think they are trying to guilt me or something..... In my head I'm thinking "you just went 5 minutes ago you little freaks". With 40 kids in one area for 2 and a half hours it shouldn't be surprising that the frequency of giving people permission to go to toilet was somewhat annoying for us.

    ReplyDelete