Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Powers of the Universe

I hate boogers. I do. Like, a lot. And feet. But today, mostly boogers.
It seems like everywhere I turn people are picking their nose. It is like the universe wants me to be grossed out and lines every moment up perfectly just so I can look the second someone is fishing for a big one.
Look, I know I want to be a teacher. I know I want to be a Mother one day. I know I will have to deal with snot. I'm working on my aversion. But it is nasty. Nasty nasty nasty. Makes my gag reflex go crazy.
You may wonder why I'm telling you this. Well, my friends... I would never write anything useless on this blog (says the girl who wrote about underwear more than once) so my description of my hatred of snotty substances is leading to something.
The something is this. In the past two days the Universe has dealt me more than just frequent nose picking.
Yesterday, in drama we had a break. I was sitting on the stage (as I often do) and one of our extra special troublemakers crawled up to me after he had been rolling around on stage for, you know... fun. Anywho he got right up near my face. Too close. On all fours. With snot running down his face. Like serious booger action. He is at least in grade 6.... You would think a 10-16 year old would know how to take care of that kind of situation.
He then proceeded to ask me what I thought was "How are you?" and I said "Fine?" and then he said "No, how mumble mumble mumble" and I said pardon me? Then he said "How old are you?" (keep in mind he still has snot running down into his mouth) and I was like "Twenty-two."
This was a good enough answer for him to crawl away and continue the rolling around on the stage he had previously been enjoying.
But that was just the appetizer to the booger bonanza that I experienced today.
Now I've spent a lot of time in a hockey arena. I know what a farmer blow is. I choose to ignore them and continue on with my spectating. But it is difficult to ignore when one of your students walks up beside the water cooler and puts a finger on one of his nostrils and blows a huge wad of snot onto the carpet of the theatre. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!
He then wiped it with his shoe, thinking he had been so sneaky with his snot shenanigans.
All I have to say is: why Universe? WHY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment