Saturday, July 2, 2011

Frustration Station

INTERNET IS THE DEVIL!
In Vietnam, internet does not seem to be top quality. In the last apartment we had wireless but it didn't exactly like us and was often turning off or slow. In the new apartment I can't access internet at all. So here I am, on Naomi's computer.... Luckily she is well versed in sharing is caring or else I would go a bit bonkers. I need to check my email. That is how I chat with my family. Whom I love.
Also, facebook is super fun here. It is blocked throughout the whole country. So you either have to go in and change your settings in your computer (don't even begin to ask me how to do that) or you download a silly program to block your whereabouts. This program likes to shut off and slow down your already slow (or non-existant) internet. POO POO is what I say to this.
Did I mention that our curriculum for summer school is done on the internet on a thing called estudy? So, needless to say tomorrow I am going on a find an internet cafe mission. I will then camp out for many hours and figure out the lessons I will be teaching for the first week.
We went to the school again today. Naomi will be adding pictures at some point. These pictures will hopefully be looked at by alllllll our theatre friends so they can tell us what these crazy lights are. And if they are useful, because as of right now we are thinking it might be better just to move our production to the cinema.
I did manage to chat with my family this morning. My Aunt, Uncle, cousin, brother and Dad. I was at the school and managed to find an open network that had 2 bars of service so I was able to have a somewhat choppy yet wonderful conversation. Corey opened (one of) his birthday presents as well, which is a set of his very own poi! This is also a gift for me as I hate having him steal mine.
I had a very long nap today, which was probably a bad idea. But it seemed to be something I couldn't really control. You can take the girl out of the country, but you cannot take the nap out of the girl.
I should give Naomi her computer back now. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment