Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Brain Had No Rest This Sunday

This has been a very productive Sunday, let me tell you. I got my nails did (for a person who never paints her nails I've had some pretty fancy ones of late) which cost me four dollars. Then I did some reading (still Game of Thrones). Then I put on my backpack and my thinking cap and toodled on down to the fancy frozen yoghurt cafe (called Gee Licious) that is about a two minute walk from our apartment. Got me a mint frappuccino and got down to business. I sat there for approximately three hours working on lesson plans.
The internet there was lovely. FULL BARS. I was able to do all types of things I've been unable to do since I've arrived here. Next time I go there (soon) I will load all of my pictures on to the website.
I got the first week of school all planned out. Thank goodness because we start work tomorrow. Who knows if I will follow said plan, but it is there for me to use. I emailed my co-teacher Ms. Thuy and I made sure that she had space to do her own thing as well.
When I returned home the internet in the apartment worked for me......... which is bizarre because in the three days that we have been living here it has denied me the privelage of the world wide web. This is a relief as I will now stop stealing Naomi's computer. Although I think I will still be spending time at the Gee Licious because there internet is far superior. And they have coffee. Which is obviously the key to my success.
Anywho, I just thought I would write this blog post to communicate that things are going much better for me computer wise. I know you were all very concerned for my digital well being.
Tomorrow is going to be insane. Not only is it my first day at the summer school, it is also the first day I will be tutoring a little girl named Uyen. So I may be exhausticated tomorrow. Perhaps all of July, if we are being honest with ourselves.
Tonight we feast on spring rolls presented in the form of a chicken! Yum yummy yum yum.

3 comments:

  1. uyen is super sweet. and her sister, nhi, is one of my former students and probably the CUTEST kid on the whole planet. tell them both that cow and i say hi! oh and have a great first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy!! Good luck on your first day..I believe you are already there ... But I'm kinda bad at time changes!! The pics I've seen so far are amazing!! Such a beautiful country :) I enjoy hearing about all your adventures but still miss you lots!! We should Skype one day soon!! I actually get up fairly early...I know weird right?! So lemme know when works!!
    Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim. Thinking about you on the other side of the planet. I hope your first day went well! You sure sound prepared. Add an internet bar and good coffee to the mix and you're LAUGHING! (I could never find coffee when I was in northern Thailand...we had instant Nescafe and little tubes of coffee creamer in bizarre flavours. I think I went through withdrawl.)
    Yay, pictures!
    X

    ReplyDelete