Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Full-time Fancy Salon

I was in desperate need of a hair-cut so Valerie suggested that she take us to the man who did her last cut. Kim came along because she wanted to get her legs waxed, I feel that is a detail she would want included in this tale. When we arrived I was taken to a room to get my hair washed, the nice lady washed it three times and then massaged my neck, scalp, shoulders, and upper arms, unexpected but not heinous. I did object when she started to press down with her big thumb on the very top of my skull that felt odd. I've heard people say that this process is relaxing and enjoyable but I still have an injured ear and she kept bashing it so the whole time I was on edge. Then I was taken out into the outer salon for my cut. This was where I met Le Brian, yes he calls himself The Brian, it is even the name of his Salon. The Brian has what looks like permanent eye-liner, a fake nose, and the look of a Vietnamese Ken Paves. While I was digesting all of this he asked me what I wanted done and I told him. He went straight to work whipping his comb through my hair and my ear, yanking one of my earrings out as he went but that didn't stop him or really even phase him, in fact I don't think he even noticed. Some hair dressers take portions of your hair and put them aside with a clip, not The Brian. The Brian has people for jobs like hair holding, at times there were three of them around my head. The Brian paused in his work to ask if I required refreshment which I politely declined. The Brian barked off an order and one of his minions went running off only to return with a bottle of The Brian water, yes folks Le Brian has his own branded water. Anyway, I got a good haircut from The Brian and his minions, I am not sure if I like it and I know it was not what I asked for but it is a solid piece of hair cuttage.

No comments:

Post a Comment