Friday, May 27, 2011

And the Award Goes To....

So my bank does not get the best bank award. My credit card did not come in the mail today. Needless to say, I freaked out. I had a little cry and then I attempted to begin problem solving. I tried to call my Mom, but she was no where to be found. So I decided to call the bank hotline. I figured if the damn credit card was showing up on my profile maybe I could get the number and then use it without actually having it. That, as it turns out, isn't possible. Stupid bank, stupid piece of plastic, stupid Kim. So I tried calling my Mom again a whole bunch. That didn't work.
Then, I went where I always go whenever I have a problem..... My Dad. He has been there for me every minute of my twenty-two years. But he has been less than stoked about Vietnam. So I thought that if I went to him with my problems he would say "Oh dear me, it appears you will not be able to go to Vietnam for a month and a half and will have to stay with your brother and I forever and ever, amen."
So when I called him at work I was like a dog with a tail between my legs. It was literally my last resort.
My Dad, unlike my bank, gets an award. He is buying me the ticket and then is letting me pay him back when we get paid from CIS.
I can't really even wrap my head around it. We are going. We are going and I don't have to worry about running out of money because my Dad chose to support me even though he doesn't agree with my decision to go.
I told him on the phone that he was the best Dad ever and he laughed. I said "Dad, I'm not even kidding. I'm for reals. Thank you."
Ugh. I can't believe it. The next two weeks are going to go so fast and then we will be going on the biggest adventure of my life. THERE IS SO MUCH FOR ME TO DO! I have to get off the computer now.
BEST. DAD. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment