Sunday, May 29, 2011

Working for the Weekend.

Woof. What a day. I must say the closer we get to leaving the harder it is to go to work. And the longer my work day is. And the more I look at the clock. I'm a bad employee, and I'm going to get a kink in my neck.
Honestly, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. This is why I want to be a teacher. I can't handle doing the same thing every day. It isn't that I don't like the people at work, on average they are very pleasant to be around. I figure that no matter what my job is, there will be certain people I enjoy spending time with and others I would like to fling black forest ham at. Either way, that isn't the problem. The problem is that I am not built to repeat the same actions day in and day out. I'm not trying to slander the people who have careers in grocery stores. I respect the heck out of the people who are insanely good at their jobs, who are great at customer service and who work their butts off each day. What they do isn't easy. It just isn't for me.
The first few months at a new job are fine, because I'm learning. When I'm learning I'm not bored. But as soon as I understand something and start doing it over and over again, my brain goes bye bye. It isn't that I don't work hard. I try really hard to have good work ethic it is just I don't want to spend the rest of my life just wasting time so I can have money. I want to do something I love. And I love theatre and I love learning. They are like crack for me. Not that I know what crack is like, because drugs are bad--but I assume that the way in which I'm highly addicted to theatre somewhat parallels the addiction crack lovers have to crack. How many times can I say crack? One more time, crack. Heh.
Anyways, I just had a frustrating day today. So I'm full of angst, when really I shouldn't be because we are leaving incredibly soon. Like, two weeks soon. And the itinerary Naomi and her Mother dreamed up is beautiful. I can't wait to relax on a beach, adventure through ruins and sail between islands. Quite literary, I'm having a lot of trouble waiting. Can't I just nap until the 15th??

No comments:

Post a Comment