Sunday, May 15, 2011

These Shoes are Made For Travelling

So, the last few days have been somewhat trying. I've been incredibly busy with familial affairs because my Nana passed away. Extremely sad and exhausting situation to lose a loved one. That being said I know my Nana lived a very happy life full of love. I will miss her every day, but am happy to know she will be looking out for me--especially during my upcoming adventures.





Life goes on! It does not stop because you are sad. It continues to speed forward whether you want it to or not. Which can actually be a blessing. The fact that I have things to look forward to means I can't sit and wallow, which is the last thing my Nana would want.


I have a couple of things to report. First of all, if anyone out there is thinking of getting their passport soon I highly recommend going to the office rather than mailing it away. I was lucky when I went because there was hardly any wait. Basically you go in and an elderly man tells you what is up and where to line up. You take your application, which is hopefully all filled out correctly (which is a pain in the bottom) and you go and speak to a nice lady who looks over your passport. She then highlights all the things you have forgotten (and it is likely you forgot things, I did) and then you get a number and go sit down. Then you get called up and give them your application, your passport photos, your birth certificate, your drivers licence and your care card. Just in case you weren't who you say you are. But! The cool thing about doing it at the passport place is that you don't have to send away any of that stuff. They give you back all your cards and identification. So there is no risk of losing those important little pieces of plastic. Also, it takes way less time to have your passport processed this way. I actually paid 10 more dollars in order to be able to pick it up on the 27th of this month. Because I don't trust them mailing it back. Not until I get my credit card will I trust the Canada Post.



But on to more important business: SHOES. I have bought myself some shoes. First of all, I bought some Sanuks. These shoes have become quite popular here on the West Coast. Apparently some surfer guy decided he wanted to combine his sandals with his shoes, and so Sanuks were born. They can get wet and in theory not start to smell. They are also extremely comfortable. I figure I will wear them to Ha Long Bay and on some of the field trips we go on with the school. Here is the website: http://www.sanuk.com/womens-vagabonds



Then, my loving and kind Father bought me Toms, which are really neat because not only are they fashionable, every pair you buy one pair of shoes go to a child in need. They are also fabric shoes, and I will probably be wearing them a lot at the school. Once again, cushy and comfortable.



Finally, my hiking shoes are not new but I still wanted to include them because I will probably be wearing them if we do any hiking or jungle type tours. I think when we go to Angor Wat I will be wearing them. http://www.tomsshoes.ca/



So I've basically got my feet figured. Here is a picture of the shoes. Brown ones are the Sanucks, black ones are the Toms and the purple and black ones are my all terrain hiking shoes. Unfortunately the quality of the photo isn't top drawer but you get the idea? I think it is important to be comfortable. Especially since it will be roughly 500 degrees in Vietnam. You can't exactly wear flip flops because they will destroy your toes.



Anyways, that is all for now. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment