Monday, May 2, 2011

Ramble On..

I dislike the passport retrieval process with a fiery passion that burns. First of all--just so everyone knows-- there is no possible way to look cute in a passport photo. You end up looking angry no matter how hard you try. I attempted to pull a fast one on the photographer and smirk slightly, but she stopped that nonsense immediately.
Secondly, I thought the application process would be simple due to the fact that I already have a passport. I was incorrect in this. Apparently, since I was not sixteen at the time of my last application (I was fifteen and half... You should see the picture...) I have to go through the whole process again. Which means the fact that I went to the post office to get the stinkin application was just a big ol' waste of time. What I've decided to do is go and get another application and then drive to Victoria to the passport place and hand it in there. Because it takes far less time to process if I apply in person. Which I figure will be annoying in the short term, but worth it in the long term.
Perhaps those who are reading (which it still blows my mind that people are actually reading) are thinking this post is dominated by my complaining. That is because it is. I'm being whiny. But it is making me feel better so I don't even take it back or anything.... heh.
The good things: work keeps calling me. They even tried to get me to come in today but I wanted to vote and run errands and lay around my house like a couch potato. So I took the day off. But I have been able to pick up a good amount of hours in the next two weeks and will do my very best to avoid buying video games and books to entertain myself in between deli shifts. Also candy, must avoid candy. There is a pool in the apartment building we will be living in that I plan on frequenting as I hear Vietnam is somewhat tropical.
I would really like to hear from the Vietnam Summer School organizers. That would make me feel good. I also have to talk to a friend of the family who is also a lovely travel agent. Need to start figuring out flight stuff.
I do however have some kind of rough plan for the end of June. A few of us theatre kids would like to go see Wicked in Vancouver. So, I think that it would be extremely nice to go see Wicked and then hop on a plane and head to a far away land. That would be an ideal situation.
I really really want my grades to come in. Have I said that already?

Naomi has started a summer reading list. I will also be reading a good amount as soon as I can set my Kobo account up. Juuuust need my credit card.
Anywho these are the books that I've been thinking about. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I like anything and everything. Often in the summertime I like to read "smut" because I spend eight months deciphering literature deemed academic. That being said, I like variety so to mix it up I might be able to read something of literary worth.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Cider House Rules John Irving
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
The Second Sandman Slim Novel, Kill The Dead by Richard Kadrey
The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl That Kicked the Hornets Nest Stieg Larsson

I suppose that is enough to write for now. I warned everyone I would write a lot more once I was finished school......

1 comment: