Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pole, pole...

Pole, pole is Swahili for slowly, slowly. Our tour guide in Kenya used to say it as we crept up on wild animals in the bushes.

Pole, pole is how this whole process of getting things together before we go feels. I have my suitcase open on the floor of my room as I type, in it are a few assorted summery things I know I won't use until I reach Vietnam and a few small gifts for Valerie. The list of things to do seems to be getting longer even as I am crossing things off, argh.
I'm just not feeling very motivated. I look around the house and see all of the stuff that needs doing and I think to myself...I'd rather have a cookie.

I have started reading my next book which is One Day by David Nicholls. I can not tell a lie, I found out about this book while watching the trailer for the movie adaptation. I think it looks like they will do it justice and not make it too Hollywood. What do you think?


This link shows the movie cover edition. Personally I like my day-Glow 80's cover version better.                                                      ---------------------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment