Monday, May 30, 2011

Siem Reap

Siem Reap is the city closest to Angkor Wat, which is the amazing archaeological site that we are visiting in Cambodia. When we go we will probably be staying at the Garden Village Guesthouse. Apparently you can rent a tuk-tuk for the day for about $12 and they will take you to the ruins and wait for you at the end of the day. I know what you are thinking right now, you're wondering WTF is a tuk-tuk right? A tuk-tuk, my Mother tells me, is also known as an Auto rickshaw, which is basically a rickshaw with a motorcycle attached.  We will have to negotiate with the drivers in order to get a good price. I think Kim should be in charge of the negotiating. There are other options available for accommodation, here Kim, if you want to have a look. We also have to decide if we will fly in or bus into Cambodia. The bus trip takes 12-8 hours depending on who you ask but it is less expensive than the flight, by how much I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment